on a scale of 1 to psy how much do you hate your life
Does he do all these things, like I used to…? - A Rocket To The Moon: Like We Used To
Reconstructed: 80’s Blue/Aqua Eyeshadow with Red Lips
I love this look! (Not that I think it would work on me, but I love how it breaks down all my preconceptions about matching blue shadow with red lips.)
A deconstruction of the look:
- Aqua blue shadow: Instead of shades of primary or indigo blue, which are hard to pair with strong red lips, go for something with a little green in the formula to lighten up the look.
- Smoky monochrome application:The color is applied heavily around the whole eye, but not blended up past the socket line. This keeps the look updated, rather than dated.
- Spiky lashes: I’m not one for clumpy lashes, but sometimes, it just works.
- Bright aqua creme liner: Essential for coloring in the inner rims of the eyes for a more polished look, without darkening the overall effect like black can.
- Red blush: Probably the most 80s thing in this look, the blush is bright, red toned, matte, and applied diagonally, high along the cheekbones. There is no blush near the center of the face.
- Chili-red lips: The ageless centerpiece of this look. Use a matching lip liner first (make sure it’s not darker than the lipstick or you will get a visible line) and draw right along the outer rim of the lip line so your lips are very defined and ALMOST over-drawn.
I have to say the retro hair in this look adds a million points as well, but not all of us are blessed with full curls and a face that looks good with thick bangs, so let’s just keep it to the face, shall we?
Alternatives to this look to try:
- Bright green eyes and hot pink lips
- Bright purple eyes and orange lips
TELENOVELA KONTRABIDA MEMEs/ LINE
I woke up, found myself bored and did my nails. It is an awesome shade of orange…and I love eeeet. I figured that tigers make me feel better. #alwaysremindsmeofyou (Taken with Instagram)